Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Report own post/thread?
Report own post/thread?
Nov 19 2008, 9:33 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Nov 19 2008, 9:33 pm Biophysicist Post #1



I have found myself wanting to report my own posts/threads a few times, mostly for deletion/lockage, but can't. Does anyone else think this would be useful to add?



None.

Nov 19 2008, 10:26 pm Madroc Post #2



Makes sense to me. And doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to program.

I second this :bleh:



None.

Nov 19 2008, 10:44 pm BlueWolf Post #3



From what I have seen from other sites, the reason that members are not allowed to delete their own topics is because it brings down the stats of the site. Notifying a mod that you want your posts deleted can be done via private messages... but how often do they check them?



None.

Nov 19 2008, 10:45 pm Falkoner Post #4



Quote from name:
From what I have seen from other sites, the reason that members are not allowed to delete their own topics is because it brings down the stats of the site. Notifying a mod that you want your posts deleted can be done via private messages... but how often do they check them?


The stats of the site?? :wtfage:



None.

Nov 19 2008, 11:20 pm BlueWolf Post #5



Something like that. It has to do with the activity of the site. I doubt it matters with sen because sen has a big community. I don't see why members aren't allowed to delete their own posts. Then again... maybe it's to ensure that no one deletes their past O_o



None.

Nov 19 2008, 11:28 pm Dapperdan Post #6



Quote from name:BluEditor
From what I have seen from other sites, the reason that members are not allowed to delete their own topics is because it brings down the stats of the site. Notifying a mod that you want your posts deleted can be done via private messages... but how often do they check them?

They check them everytime they have a new pm . . .

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2008, 8:05 pm by Dapperdan.



None.

Nov 20 2008, 7:52 pm Symmetry Post #7

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from Dapperdan
Quote from name:BluEditor
From what I have seen from other sites, the reason that members are not allowed to delete their own topics is because it brings down the stats of the site. Notifying a mod that you want your posts deleted can be done via private messages... but how often do they check them?

They check them everytime the have a new pm . . .

This. Also, I tend to report posts that request deletion myself (unless they're in my forum, of course).



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 21 2008, 3:26 pm Moose Post #8

Armor: 90.50%

Quote from name:BluEditor
From what I have seen from other sites, the reason that members are not allowed to delete their own topics is because it brings down the stats of the site.
You know.... I don't think deleting a post even changes the # of posts a member has made anyway. :P




Nov 21 2008, 10:49 pm InsolubleFluff Post #9



I hope i'm not the only person that thinks being able to report your own stuff is stupid...
If you find you will need to reoprt yourself, you shouldn't of posted it in the first place...
If it needs to be deleted edit it to like - Delete Me: Reason -
and if it doesn't get deleted because the admins don't bother to filter through 40 pages and find all the - Delete Me's - what does it matter...



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet